Tuesday 15 January 2013

Red Cross CNA Training - Get Difference in Life in Short Time


American Red Cross (ARC) focuses on the humanitarian aide that provides emergency help to those who are in need of it such as during disaster, natural calamities, and so on. This was established in the year May 21, 1881 (brief history of ARC). Its headquarter is in Washington DC and its branches are in almost all the states of the United States.


Apart from providing relief services, they also provide CNA training for those who want to enter the nursing and health care sector. The basic requirement for nursing training at Red Cross is 16 years of age and above, along with a high school diploma. You also have to undergo a criminal background test proving that there is no criminal activity against your name. A medical checkup confirming that you are not suffering from any type of communicable disease and women who are pregnant have to sign a bond mentioning that they are able to cope with occupational responsibilities.

One of my friend shared her experience with me about how this training changed her life. Her name is Martha Joseph and she told me that "I have completed CNA training from Red Cross 2 years ago. The course was of 4 weeks in which I had to undergo 2 weeks of theoretical classes and 2 weeks of clinical practical sessions. After completing the training, I was immediately appointed by this same organization for the position of a certified nursing aide. After gaining experience, I was promoted to the next level as a licensed practical nurse (LPN). After that I completed a bachelor's degree in nursing and currently I am working as a registered nurse (RN) in the same organization. I have gained a lot of experience and developed my skills to a great extent."

I think one of the best part of this job is career advancement, since it is regarded as one of the faster growing sectors in the health industry. According to the latest statistics, it is expected a growth of 20% is expectedtill the next decade.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment